Thursday, November 3, 2011

meth laws

The laws pertaining to meth are increasingly harsh and apparently going to get worse. Considering the fact that one in every three people use/have used meth,it seems that society would realize that incarceration/imprisonment are not viable answers to the problem. Most of the general public do not realize that simply possessing meth is a felony. So the powers that be think someone possessing meth should not have the right to vote or to bear firearms or to obtain a descent job. It sickens me to see the blatant hypocracy of my peers considering some of the people holding positions of authority in my particular community used drugs as teenagers. These people know who they are. I consider them to be ridiculous and beneath me and every other honest member of society. I am not by any means advocating the use of any illegal or legal substance that is habit forming. Nor am i saying the laws for distributing these substances should be lessened. Its just incredible to me that society today has become so pompous that it has no patience or empathy. Eventually these laws and penalties will change or the impact on our economy and society as a whole will be dramatic. Nearly a whole generation of people will be pushed to the side or hidden in prisons and jails,preventing them from contributing to society in any way. This will have numerous detrimental effects  on everyone in our society. it has already begun. These people need help not prison time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me.